How to backup your Push Certificates.
So you got yourself a hacktivated iPhone and you just used @cmdshft and @anethema Push Doctor App in Cydia to get a Certificate. So what do you do now? Next thing you have to restore! OMG you will lose your certficates and might take forever to get one. Well, i decided to create a watered down version of cmdshft’s tutorial so that new people will understand.
- Firstly, you do not need Push Doctor anymore so go ahead and remove it from your packages if you want to. If you are seeing an update, better you remove it.
- Next, go to Cydia and search for nimble. This from the NERV Repository. The one you added in the 1st place to get Push Doctor.
- Then you install it.
- Now, if you open the /private/var/Keychains directory, using iFile you will see that nimble is there:
- Now, go and load up Mobile Terminal and issue the following commands.
[enter your root password]
- Remember su is root access, cd is changing the directory and ./nimble is to execute the program. Please note, that K is a capital.
- Let it do it’s thing and then when its completed, exit MobileTerminal and you can verify with iFile that you have 4 new *.bin files. (push-cert.bin, push-key.bin, youtube-cert.bin, youtube-key.bin)
- Lastly, you can use your WinSCP(via SSH)/iFunBox/iPhone Explorer Utility to access your /private/var/Keychains directory and extract your certs and back them up! As you can see i used iFunBox.
- Just in case you want to verify that push is still working… you can by using iPusher.
and voila! Thank God we are done!
Thank you for reading!
If you liked this please feel free to leave a comment and/or follow me @modblog101